Sunday, May 9, 2010

To Glomp or Not to Glomp?

glomp: to embrace enthusiastically; to pounce on and hug, often from a running start


 This is one of my favorite words, ever. I do this to people all the time. I thought it was made up, but apparently it's Japanese and might be misinterpreted. I don't know. I don't really care. We call this "lingual development." You just wait. It'll make it to Webster. (This is a shout out to all the lovely members of wf.org! I love you guys!)

Anyway, that's not the point of this blog.

I'm a touch person. I love touching and being touching and texture and closeness and warmth. I love getting to church and hugging everyone. I love hugs. If I see someone I haven't seen in a while, I WILL glomp them. End of story. If you know me or spend any amount of time with me, you know that I love this sort of thing. I love laying in people's lap or whatever. Anything to make me feel close to people.

The one thing I forgot to mention in my last post was very possibly the only thing that kept me from having a total meltdown last week. Each morning when I woke up, I felt God's presence there with me. It was obvious to me. *this is the point where Emily sounds insane. But I promise, it's not as weird as it sounds* It felt like God was there with me, stroking my hair and my head was lying in His lap. One morning, I remember waking up, feeling like that, and just saying, probably out loud, "But God, I don't want to get up." And I felt Him urging me to get up and start my day. It was so tender, so close. That feeling, that closeness, that rest faded as my day got busy and time was sapped away from me and I "had" to do stuff all day.


Yesterday, I glomped God. I felt like I'd hardly seen Him all week, and I ran into His arms and I loved it. It was everything I needed for things to be better. It was everything I needed to calm down my brain, to ease the chaos. Being with Him is all I need to be happy.


So this morning, when our pastor  prayed that we each get a touch from God, I prayed that we get more than that. A touch is good. It's beautiful. It's changing. It's amazing. But I want more than that. I want to be glomped. I want "to embrace enthusiastically, often with a running start." 


That's all I really have to say. :) 

Just like that.

1 comment:

  1. *glomp* :)

    I still have yet to see my promised blog about being a conduit. :p

    ReplyDelete

If you honestly expect me to blog more. Comment. Trust me.