Wednesday, May 26, 2010

7 Days or 168 hours or 10,080 minutes or 604,800 seconds.

This post is mostly because I'm supposed to be doing something else.


Today I was overcome with a strange mix of overwhelming joy and absolute terror.

Joy because so many things seem to be going RIGHT. God seems to be working and moving in so many places and I'm just incredibly lucky to be able to see it all. I can see Him working in the SWORD team, putting the right people in the right places at the right times. Just last week we were talking about how we needed a place to go (the campground is going to be booked all summer with mission work!), and now we have a bus, a church that is open to us at any time, and a coffeehouse that we are always welcome to use for anything. Not to mention the church is allowing us to use their instruments  Just in a week, when we were no longer able to use one place, we were provided with a new place.

We were asked to lead worship on Sunday night at the church (Unity Faith Fellowship) and everything just came together. The musicians, the vocals, everything. (I just have to learn to run a sound board!) It's just so cool.

And now I'm leaving.

That part isn't so much fun, because it seems like we're just getting started doing real stuff. And.. now I'm gonna be gone for all of that.

Will it be worth it?

Absolutely.

But right now, it's almost a bummer, because I want to see the team grow. I know I'll still get to hear all about it, but it's not quite the same.

I leave in ONE WEEK!! How crazy is that? I put the check in the mailbox today. I'm supposed to start inventory and figure out what all I'm going to take and what I need to buy and all that. I'm so excited, and still so so nervous. I know that this is where I'm supposed to be but there's so much that I don't know. Little things that you can't really ask, that just have to be tackled once I get there. I'm sure it won't take me long to settle into my niche there. I'm so excited about growing there. I told Amy on Sunday morning on the way to church that I was looking forward to taking all the things that I'd learned in church my whole life and putting them "to the test," so to speak. I'm looking forward to meeting and falling in love with the kids. I'm just looking forward to it.

Still.. one week.. so much to do. It seems like the whole week is packed full of stuff to do. I still have to shop for stuff and pack and clean everything so I don't have to worry about that on the way home. Then there's the fact that my schedule is pretty busy this week anyway. Church tonight. Kelsea is coming over tomorrow. Shopping and hair appointment Friday. SWORD meeting Friday. Babysitting Becca-Boo Saturday night. Church Sunday. Last minute preparations Monday and Tuesday, and then Bible study Tuesday night!!

Then I get to arrive at the airport around 4 in the morning for a plane that leaves at 6:15 Which means I have to leave my house around 3 in the morning. I don't plan on  sleeping until I get on the plane.

I'm supposed to arrive at the airport around 1 that afternoon. Then who knows what will happen.



This makes me very glad that I'm officially out of school. I don't have to come back until August. Today was my last day, and it is a wonderfully freeing sentiment. Next year is my last year of high school, then I have to be a big girl.

Speaking of being a big girl, this is what Willum told me yesterday: "I know someday you're going to really grow up and be mature and responsible. To be honest, it makes me very sad. But I know you'll be so happy then. For now, though, I want you to go to Honduras and be with your orphans and just be a kid and love them, ok?"

I think he almost choked up. I'm gonna have to spend some time with him before I leave. I'm so very loved. :)


Sorry there is nothing incredibly profound here. My mind is just bubbling with possibilities.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe Honduras is just a week away! So exciting!! I want July 12th to be my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, if you believe that Willum doesn't like you, then your crazy! That almost made me cry. Guys never state their feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy Leigh KowickiMay 27, 2010 at 2:14 AM

    Again, you never cease to amaze me! I love you, your thoughts, your ways , your heart, your mind and your spirit! I look forward to this awesome journey for the Cause of Christ that we are on together! I will miss you and can't wait to hear all about your trip and see the work of God in you and hear about the work He has done in others through you! XXXXOOOOO

    ReplyDelete

If you honestly expect me to blog more. Comment. Trust me.