Friday, June 4, 2010

Sometimes You Have to Take the Dinoboar Off Your Back.

I would really like to post something ridiculously inspiring and profound today. I'd like to wow you all with the things that I've learned here, or some mystery of life that I have figured out.

But... I can't.

As usual, I have more questions than answers. So I'm just going to pray that whatever God wants in this blog will be in this blog. Sound good?

I don't even know where to start.

I went with Bob and Mike to help drill a well today. The entire way up the mountain there was some beautiful scenery. However, the most beautiful piece of scenery I saw, I didn't get a picture of. I'm sorry for that, but to be honest, I don't think I could've moved at that particular moment. We came to a clearing in the trees, and on the side of the mountain were a bunch of tin houses that were pieced together. As soon as I saw that, my thought was "This is home." This is where I am supposed to be. This is home. There's a quote a like from Jamie the Very Worst Missionary's blog (she lives in Costa Rica) that says "Home is where the will of God supercedes my own."

I always loved that, but it takes on a WHOLE new meaning when TN home and what feels like home are two entirely separate things. This feels like home. Here in San Pedro Sula. It might not always be home. But right now. On Day 3. It's home.

As the switchfoot song says, "Created for a place I've never known, this is home. Now I'm finally where I belong."


For now, this is where I belong.


The kids are great. I'm mostly working with two of the youngest, Angel and Jesus. They're out of school right now (They go to an American English school... the others go to Honduran private schools. Different schedules) and I'm working on teaching them better english and numbers and reading and stuff like that. Angel and Jesus are great. Little fireballs. They call me "Em-ee-lee! Em-ee-lee!" They're very inquisitive, asking "why? why?" all the time. ALL. THE. TIME. I am forever answering questions.




Okay, this is where I'm stopping for tonight. I can hardly keep my eyes open anymore. Check out the pictures on the facebook page. If you don't have facebook, well, you're a freak. But here's the public link instead: Honduras!

Good?

Here's one of my favorites, so I'll have a good thumbnail.

That's Karen, Pedro, and Angel.

5 comments:

  1. So sweet! I want Pedro to be my homeboy. He's so friggin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. em-ee-lee! you're such an inspiration! i love ya chick(: and those kids are so cute! keep doing them some good(:
    love ya, trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you and I am so proud of you. Your blogs are quite profound. It makes your dad Proud to be your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has to be the most awesome experience. May God continue to bless you and all that

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are all sitting at my house and I am reading the kids your blog as their bedtime story! We all enjoyed it, and yes, I ALMOST cried! LOL! We all miss you and love you. We tried to call you on Skype, but no answer. I pray for your protection and that you will be blessed and be a blessing daily! We love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete

If you honestly expect me to blog more. Comment. Trust me.