Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Thankfulness Endeavor

Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. -1 Chronicles 16:8

I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High. -Psalms 7:17

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. -Psalms 28:7

Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. -Psalms 95:2

Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men. -Psalms 107:31

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. -Romans 1:21

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. -Philippians 4:6

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. -Colossians 3:17

give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. -1st Thessalonians 5:18


You get the point. It has been on my heart this morning to start giving thanks for things more. I mean, I am SO blessed. I'm part of 5% of the wealthiest in the world (and if you're reading this, you are too.). I have two wonderful, married parents who love me and provide for me. I live in a place where I can believe what I want. Just so blessed. 

So starting today, I'm going to try and show more gratitude. To my family, to my friends, but most importantly, to God. Just because He gives me SO much that I don't even recognize. Supposedly, it only takes 21 days to make something a habit, so I'm going to try and make thankfulness a habit. Maybe I'll start including a "Things I'm Thankful For" list on here... maybe. 

Anyway, that's all. Now I'm off to B&N with Mr. Will to look at a Bible for Will's girlfriend, Cayla. :) 

Love you guys! (I'm thankful for all of you!!) 
Em.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you honestly expect me to blog more. Comment. Trust me.