Monday, February 22, 2010

A Little Bit Farther Now...

Today, I felt as if I can now call myself a "runner." Yes, I've been running semi-regularly (as in, more than once per week) since December, but I never considered myself a runner. First because I never really "ran." I referred to it as "walking with intermittent sprints" because that's really what it was. I would jog a while, then walk. But I had been improving, slowly, but still improving.




Last week, I made it to 90% on our 2.2 mi track. I was really thrilled with my progress. I was thrilled when I ran a full mile without stopping. But TODAY, I did something really really good! Something I'd never done before. Something really really REALLY good!

Emily does not look like this
Today, I ran 2.8 miles. WITHOUT STOPPING/WALKING.


I've never completely done that. I usually get konked out waaayyyy before then.





Let me take you through my route, shall I?
We start at the middle school, go through Eagle Estates, then to the BP station at the corner of Old 31E and Austin Peay, then we go left and up past the OLD elementary school, down the hill to the strip where Mike's Food Value is, then we follow the road that leads to the High School and complete it at the Middle School.


That is a LOT, my friends. Anyway, I am proud. It's nice to see how far I've come. It's nice to look back to the day I told Cayla "Ya know, I'd like to be able to run 2 miles before March. That'd be good." And think "Wow! I did it!"

I am just happy. :) And sore and exhausted.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Emily! I'm proud of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Em. That is amazing. Up until a week before my wedding, I worked out usually 4 or 5 days a week, and I have yet to be able to run that far without stopping. Go you!!

    ReplyDelete

If you honestly expect me to blog more. Comment. Trust me.