Sunday, January 24, 2010

Testimony

I am constantly in awe of the things that God has me do in life. It leaves me puzzled, bewildered, and ultimately, ecstatic. It reminds me just why I'm not in control.

As I was working on my testimony, I was convinced that this was just for me, so that I could see what God has done in my life, so I could be grateful to Him. I kept asking Him why I needed to give my testimony to all these people. I did it, but I didn't know why, and to be quite frank, I didn't think that it would affect anyone to whom I was speaking. After all, I'd heard many of the testimonies from the people in my church, and there's were so much better than mine. Still, I wrote it like I was supposed to and prayed that, even though *I* didn't think it was important, God could use it somehow.

He did.

I spent the afternoon getting ready to speak, and picked up my friend Keedy (who is my navigator), then ate at the Mexican restaurant. (My waiter asked me how my A&P test went, which shows just how much time I spend there!!) We left early and arrived at the church about 45 minutes before service was supposed to start. I got "suited up" and had a HUGE case of the butterflies!! I was scaredd!! I listened to the band play and read bits and pieces of the testimony I'd written (11 pages 1.5 spacing, 16 pt font, calibri, 3,000 words). I spent a lot of time outside and chatted with the members there. I made it through worship, which I thoroughly enjoyed!! And finally got up to speak!! This was the moment I'd waited for. I'd started with a joke to make me less nervous and got into it.

About 30 minutes later, I closed with "Because God paid a price for me, and I am His." I received a standing ovation (sp?) and went back to my seat as quickly as I could, by this time, I was thirsty, really really hot, and blushing. I did it. I felt like God's hand had been on me the whole time I was up which made me feel so much better!! When I looked at the audience for the last time, I saw a few people crying. I still favor my left side, though, which I really need to work on. The pastor called an altar call (which I found ironic, because there really wasn't any altar at all) and encouraged people to speak with their pastors or youth pastors if they felt God tugging at their heart. I smiled and thanked God for not letting me do it alone!! It was so much better than I could've expected.

Afterward, the band played some more, and I moved to sit with Nancy. I had three big surprise arrivals!! Nancy, whom I hadn't seen in at least a month, possibly two, Valerie, who I really wanted to come but didn't ask, and her husband Stacy. It made me happy to see these guys, that I love dearly.

I had some other supporters too, like Miss Keedy! and Cayla Baughn, and the Willem, and Kevin Carver, my youth pastor @ Lakeside. It was great to know how much these guys love me!! Oh, and my mom and sister came, but that wasn't really a surprise.

People came up to me and told me how I had touched their lives. People that I've been looking up to my entire life were telling me that. It was crazy.

Anyway, now that I've spent the last 30 minutes procrastinating and not working on all of the things I'm supposed to, I suppose I should go. But I might be a little slack on the blogging scene this week because it's just going to be an incredibly busy week! Preaching Wednesday, then leaving for Warmth In Winter on Friday! I will at least post on how WIW goes this year. Should be very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you honestly expect me to blog more. Comment. Trust me.